Thursday 28 June 2012

Diary photo's

A shark jaw that my grandad lent to me as a prop.

Unfortunately (especially for all shark lovers) it is real, but it was either my grandad or the shark who would have survived & I am very thankful it was my grandad. He wasn’t too happy about having to kill the shark either, but so he didn't feel it was a complete loss he took the jaw, as sort of a trophy/keepsake I suppose.. The teeth are still really sharp & on the bottom jaw alone there are about 3 rows of teeth!
"Just rinsing my insides!"
So me & Lois were shooting on Walney Islands beach, keeping in mind we were only there half an hour; & about 3 or 4 of these flew over head, so low, from the airport close by.. 
My old play house at the bottom of our garden; Bumble Bee Cottage!
It holds so many memories, I remember I used to sleep in it often with our old dog Cally.. I also remember when I was around 9 years old I took a strop with my mum & told her I was leaving home.. So I grabbed a can of beans & took the dog & went & stayed in the playhouse.. It lasted about an hour, then I realised it was too cold & I had forgotten the tin opener!! 

Our town (like most, especially in England) holds tons & tons of seagulls. I understand why everyone complains but we can’t solely blame them, it is our fault they came in to the towns/cities in the first place. However after yesterday I can completely understand why their population needs monitoring, one of my partners cats had escaped in to the back street & refused to come in for at least 15 minutes, all through this I could hear a seagull squawking & then before I know it 3 turn up & try to swoop down to grab the cat! I had seen them doing this with kittens (sadly), but never thought they would attempt to take a fully grown cat. It just shows how greedy they can be! But is it still right to get rid of them? Hmm.. 
For about 3 years now, mainly of a night time I have always heard scratching through the walls, the roof.. just about anywhere really. At first we thought maybe a tiny mouse had housed itself in our attic, but after checking multiple times we knew it wasn’t.. This scratching carried on & on & drove me insane most nights whilst I tried to get to sleep. But now that the sun has started to appear more, so have these little birdies & now I realise all the scratching was them! They have nested themselves under our gutter pipe, under the roof tile & snuggled themselves next to our attic insulation! The scratching doesn’t bother me now, now that I know what it is! 
Tractors on the horizon.
I love just sitting in my back garden, watching the dog run round like a loony & watching the cats try to sunbathe (without being disturbed by the dog) I just sit in silence, listen & observe. It’s so peaceful! (Usually)


So me & Lois were shooting on Walney Islands beach, keeping in mind we were only there half an hour; & about 3 or 4 of these flew over head, so low, from the airport close by.. 


x





1 comment: